Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Satisfied and excited with life


I am blogging in response to another blog regarding missing high school and realizing we are growing to be adults. I love being 55 years old, having gray hair, life is slowing down, I can't run with the wind, hit the golf ball as far (okay that one bugs me), and all of the other things that go with it. I have loved every phase of my life as I have graciously grown older and older. I love the fact that rather than making sure all of my zits are cleaned up, I clip nose and ear hair when Jane insists. I love that rather than chasing my kids down the hall I have earned the right to chase grandchildren where and when I want to. I love that rather than worrying about going on a date with someone I hardly know but think she could be hot... instead I get to come home to the best woman in the whole world and have her put her arms around me and make me feel special... even when I am not. 

Ah yes, getting older and living in the "now" is the most glorious time of my life. Now is when I can live life to the fullest, experience things I have never done before, and laugh at things that aren't even funny and people won't wonder why. I love this phase of my life and can't wait until tomorrow comes... as tomorrow will bring new challenges and opportunities to my doorstep that will cause me to be better, wiser and happier than ever before. Yesterday's were awesome, but tomorrow will be the best!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this post! It makes me look forward to the future but appreciate where I am right now; learning, growing, having a good time! Of course soon we will miss the carefree days of hoping in the car and going out without having to have a babysitter or packing the baby along with us, but with that phase brings a whole new kind of fun! Thanks Bob!

Rebecca Pierce said...

I'm glad that reading my blog has been inspiration for the last two posts you've made. :)

Don't presume that just because I feel like I'm still a teenager at heart that I'm not content with where I am in life. I love life, and live for the moment, but sometimes when my babies grow in responsibilities, I think, "wait a minute, I have babies?!" Just the reality of how fast life happens sometimes baffles me!

It isn't lost on me for a second at the same time to envy your stage of life. I hasn't been long enough for me to forget how much fun it is to hang with just my bff Chris...you really are in a great stage of life.

homeschooling Mama said...

Love your post! Can't wait for the days when things slow down a little...but wouldn't change the days I have now for anything! Love the pic too. You look like a general authority!

Jeff Hamm said...

great pic of you dad... when do we get a copy? Thanks for the post!

Leah Remillet said...

I agree, you totally look like a general authority! I really loved reading this post. It's great to see perspective. I love the adventure I'm on right now, but it will be great when I have earned to chase when and where I want. I think I have some time. LOL!
I read once that in President Hinckley's family prayers he would ask that they could each live that day with out regret. Reading your blog and knowing you two... I can see that in you & Jane!

Love, Leah & the gang

Payne Family said...

Bob!
Long time no talk! It is so good to see and read about you and your family. They are all beautiful. We are in West Jordan, UT now and really like it. Michael is 15, and Jordan is 9. Hard to believe that Michael can get his drivers permit in 2 weeks! I loved your post. You are an awesome example to those around you and always have been. I agree with the Stimmel post regarding the general authority bit. You better take that picture down before it gets circulated down here in Salt Lake. You never know what you might be called to. :) Our blog address is: paynezone.blogspot.com if you want to check us out. You can also link to Terra and Jon from there. Good seeing you all...
Jen and Gabe Payne

Unknown said...

Bob, you rock. I love this post. We just got back from a fun trip to Moab with the kids, and I don't think I would have rather done anything else in the whole world.

Looking forward to being 55!