Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I love my family


To the world I will announce how much I love my wife, children and now our grandchildren. Believe me, it is just as exciting to know what is going on in their lives and to be a little part of it, than it was for us to be with them when we were all growing up together. I say we were growing up together because that is really what happens. I will be the first to admit, and everyone will agree, that I had no idea of what it meant to be a man, let alone Jane's man, when I was 24 and became a father. Sure, I thought I knew it all... but that was not the case. But they showed me day after day what it meant to be a father and a friend. So as our family is growing so am I with them. I guess you could say it takes me a little longer to learn things. In fact, when I look at our children interacting with each other and our grandchildren, I think, "Why are they so good?" Each of them help me feel needed, loved and young. So I continue to learn and grow-up with the next generation of children and I hope I can be as good and smart as they are. Ruby, Hailey, Sarah, Emma, Alice, Nathan, Carson, Jane and Mason are now the ones I will get to watch as I continue to learn from Jane, my greatest blessing, and my children -- Rebecca, Jeff, Robb, Jordan and Braden. Thank you for being my family and Jane my dearest friend and wife.

4 comments:

kaitlin said...

cute.
isn't family great?

Payne Family said...

Bob-
What a sweet post. I know I am not alone when I say, "please let my husband write stuff like that about me and the kids someday..." And as for not really knowing much when you were younger, you had us teenagers fooled. We all thought you were awesome and had it all together. Nice cover up!
JEn

Jeff Hamm said...

Uh oh... you're already forgetting them. You have a granddaughter named Jane too ;*) You should come visit her sometime. Thanks for posting.

Bob and Jane Hamm said...

Thank you Jeff, I knew there was a huge void in my blog and you filled it nicely. Corrected as always and gladly.